California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor Review
- Incredibly quiet when used
- Relatively easy to carry
- Easily fits into small spaces
- May arrive with metal debris in the tank
- The regulator constantly leaks
- Poorly designed clearance holes
- Fittings break easily
Portable air compressors are quite popular amongst DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike. With that said, not all compressors are created equally.
The California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor has plenty of interesting features that set it apart from other models. If you’re looking for a user-friendly air compressor for everyday household projects, this is one of the better models to consider.
California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor
The primary purpose of the California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor is to give you more power when working with air tools. Compared to using a traditional hammer and nails, an air nailer works far faster and is more accurate. This is why it’s highly recommended for anyone who experiences frequent fatigue or has a limited amount of strength.
You’ll surely appreciate the features that are built into the unit that makes it easier to use. Unlike other high-end tools, the California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor designed to be simple to learn. With the help of the instructions and a couple of uses, it will easily become one of the most used items in your garage.
Who Is This Air Compressor Meant For?
Air compressors have plenty of applications, which is one of the main reasons they are so popular. This means that anyone in your household will be able to find a use for the California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor.
If you’re doing renovations, you’ll appreciate having compressed air for the sheer amount of power you’ll need. Additionally, your children will love being able to fill up their bike tires without having to go to find a public air pump.
If you’re the type of person that prefers to do your car detailing and repairs at home, you’ll find this compressor useful as well. It gives you the ability to easily fill the air in your tires and even blow out debris prior to cleaning the inside of your vehicle. It is also quite useful to have in an automotive shop for quick fixes.
When you order the California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor, you won’t receive any additional accessories apart from the base unit and the instruction manual.
Overview of Features
The California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor offers the following:
- Ultra-quiet operation: Among the largest selling features of the compressor is that it is incredibly quiet when in use. It puts out up to 56 decibels of noise, which makes it ideal for a more comfortable work environment.
- Oil-free pump: The pump built into the compressor is entirely oil-free. You won’t have to worry about keeping up with maintenance, and it also helps to prolong the life of the pump.
- Lightweight design: Built to weigh a total of 29.5 pounds, transporting this compressor is incredibly simple.
- One-gallon tank: As a feature that helps to add to the lightweight nature of the unit, you’ll appreciate the one-gallon tank. This gives you more than enough space to store enough air for everyday tasks.
- 3000-hour life cycle: Compared to other compressors, this unit has a 3000-hour life cycle before it starts to show signs of wear. Its longevity is quite impressive.
- 1.2 CFM at 90PSI: Easy to use with air tools that require moderate air pressure, there are plenty of tasks this air compressor will prove to be useful for.
How to Get the Most Out of It
Using the California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor is like any other air compressor. In order to get the most out of it, you’ll need to make sure that you follow some basic maintenance protocols.
As the pump is oil-free, you won’t have to worry about regular maintenance. Instead, ensure that when the pump isn’t in use, it’s stored in a cool and dry area.
Additionally, you’ll want to consider purchasing a carrying case to keep it protected if you’re bringing it from one location to another. Other than those two tips, the unit is well rounded and sturdily built for everyday use.
There are plenty of alternatives to the California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor, including the PORTER-CABLE C2002 Pancake Compressor. With a slightly larger build, the PORTER-CABLE unit may prove to be a better alternative. Its standout features include:
- Higher PSI: With 150PSI, the PORTER-CABLE has the potential for more powerful projects. Additionally, it has a shorter recovery time between uses.
- Six-gallon tank: If you find that a one-gallon tank is too small for your needs, the alternate model features a six-gallon tank.
Portable air compressors come in many different shapes and sizes. The California Air Tools 1P1060S Air Compressor is small enough to be stored in a confined space and can easily fit in the trunk of your vehicle.
Weighing just under 30 pounds and with low operating noise, it’s a convenient tool to have at your disposal. You and your family can handle a variety of tasks with this unit.
These tasks include detailing vehicles, refilling toys and sports equipment, and more. It’s also important to note that it is built with high attention to detail, which helps to make the compressor last longer with regular use.