VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor Review
When you first take a look at the VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor, you’ll notice it’s designed quite differently than other units. Most other portable compressors are relatively lighter and easier to move than their industrial counterparts, but this air compressor shines a new light on portability.
With a total weight of just under nine pounds, it’s the perfect partner for on-the-go activities. It has plenty to offer, which is what makes it one of the more interesting air compressors on the market.
VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor
With its small size, you can guarantee that the VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is designed for emergencies or quick tasks. It’s certainly not large or powerful enough for industrial projects but packs a powerful punch for filling tires while traveling. The main purpose behind its design is to make it easy to keep stowed away either in your trunk or your garage.
The VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is also designed to be incredibly user-friendly, which makes it easier to use often. With simple, yet useful features, you’ll find that you’ll look for it more often than any other tool you have in your possession. It’s highly versatile and adaptable to a variety of situations.
Who Is This Air Compressor Meant For?
The VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is meant for anyone to use, especially if you’re looking for a non-invasive compressor. People who enjoy off-roading or spending time in the outdoors will appreciate having a compressor for quick tire touchups, filling inflatable accessories, and more.
The overall design of the compressor makes it simple for anyone to use, which is why it’s highly recommended. It doesn’t have any finicky gadgets that you’ve never seen before, and its basic appearance also means there’s far less to worry about. No matter if your teens want to fill their bike tires or if you need to add a little more air to your car’s tires, the options are quite diverse.
When you order the VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor, you will also receive a few great accessories. These accessories include:
- Deluxe carrying bag: You’ll easily be able to store the air compressor in its innovative deluxe carrying bag. Not only does it have a main compartment for the compressor and its accessories, but also plenty of additional storage pockets.
- Anti-vibration tray: To help limit the amount of noise and vibration the compressor produces, you’ll want to use the anti-vibration tray. It also helps to keep the compressor more stable when used on uneven ground.
- Heavy-duty battery clamps: You can easily attach the direct dual battery clamps to the outside of the compressor with the 40-amp inline fuse.
- Air hose: To make the compressor ready-to-use it also arrives with a 25-foot coiled air hose.
Overview of Features
This compressor offers the following:
- 150PSI maximum: The maximum working pressure for the VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is 150PSI, which is quite similar to higher-end air compressors. The engine will have to continue running while it is in use.
- High-performance pistons: To improve the overall quality of the air compressor, you’ll appreciate the built-in high-performance pistons. They help to push out the maximum amount of air as quickly as possible.
- Moisture and dust resistant: Even though it’s recommended you store your air compressor in a dry place, it is moisture and dust resistant. Additionally, it features stainless steel valves, which won’t be impacted by rust.
- Thermal overload protection: If the air compressor gets too hot, it will automatically shut off thanks to the thermal overload protection. It will also reset the compressor in the event that it overheats.
How to Use It
Using the VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is just like using any other air compressor, which is what makes it such a user-friendly product. Prior to plugging the unit in, ensure that the power is turned off. You will then want to plug the unit into a receptacle and turn it on, giving the tank a couple of minutes to reach its maximum pressure.
Once this process is complete, you can adjust the regulator to the desired pressure and attach your devices. Once you’ve finished, ensure that you release any pressurized air and pack the pieces in the heavy-duty carrying bag.
A great alternative to the VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is the GSPSCN Dual Cylinder Air Compressor. Not only is it far less expensive, but it also has a couple of extra features you might enjoy.
- LED lights: In emergent situations, you’ll appreciate having the LED lights. They enable you to use the air compressor in low light easily.
- Protected rubber air hose: The air hose of the GSPSCN Dual Cylinder Air Compressor is made entirely out of rubber. This helps to prolong the lifespan of the most used part of the compressor.
The VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is impressive when compared to other portable compressors. That is because it’s incredibly lightweight and can easily be kept in your trunk. With plenty of applications where it will prove to be useful, it’s well worth the investment and highly recommended.